What does it mean to be the Overall Winner?5th October 2017
Best Nine 20171st January 2018
It is that time of year where I look back at the previous 12 months and see what changes I am going to implement.
- The first thing I have changed is the female over 35 Muscle Model. I have dropped that category. The majority of the time we would have the same competitors in the Open female muscle model category as well as the over 35. Having both categories doesn’t make any sense. So from now on we will only have the one Muscle Model category for females.
- Pure Elite started the Pro division in November 2015. So if anyone won before that date they would not of been awarded a Pro card. I have decided all past overall winners and category winners from before we had a Pro division can apply for a Pro card. I will then re-judge them and decide if they would of received a Pro card on the day, if we had them.
- For our Worlds in November 2016 I decided that instead of having just 1st place overall, that I would have 1st, 2nd and 3rd. I then decided to carry that over to the World Championships this year. I have only ever had 1st, 2nd, 3rd Overall twice and have never done this at any of the other shows. I have now decided to scrap that idea. So from now on, the World Championships will be like all of the other shows. Just one overall winner.
- As announced before the Pure Elite Pro division is now open to WBFF Pro’s and MP Pro’s.
- Starting at the UK championship on the 28th April 2018. All new champions will automatically be entered in to defend their title. Example – You place 1st in the Fitness Model Pro category and become the UK Champion. Then you will automatically be registered to defend your title in 2019
No one likes reading an essay, so that is it for now. I am still working on a few more changes and I have got some exciting announcements to make soon.
Thanks for reading